DR. JILL GANSERT
1. How long have you been a provider and what is your specialty? I have been a family medicine physician for 4 years.
2. Where are you from originally? I was born and raised in South Jersey in a home my grandfather built.
3. Favorite pastime? Cooking or doing projects in my home (painting, building shelves, etc).
4. Last movie watched/book read? Probably a romantic comedy
5. If you weren't a health provider what would you be? I think I'd be a social worker or in a public health position
6. What's the best part of your job? Getting to know my patients and helping them to feel their healthiest. I also feel lucky to work with such great people and have made some very good friends here!
7. One thing people may not guess about you? I donated stem cells to my mom in 2018.
8. What have you found to be the best part of working in community health in West Philly? I love learning more about the community. I've learned so much about different peoples' religion, culture, and individual lives.
9. What's your favorite song and why? My coworkers would say that I "hate" music - but I don't! I more often listen to podcasts, especially crime and various NPR podcasts.
10. What did you eat last night? Leftovers
11. Who is the best provider at Sayre? The whole team is great - I especially admire our behavioral health consultants (Bernie and Rachel!) for the important resources they offer our patients. I love that they help me to better understand my patients.
12. Who would you have dinner with living or dead? My family
13. What is your favorite quote? "Courage starts with showing up and letting ourselves be seen." - Brene Brown
14. Who is your role model? My mom
15 How would people in high school have described you? Studious, I think?
16. What is your favorite comfort food? Chocolate ice cream