Director of Behavioral Health
How long have you been a provider and what is your specialty?
I’ve been a clinical social worker for over 14 years.
2. Where are you from originally?
3. Favorite pastime?
I love listening to music and hanging out with my wife and daughter.
4. Last movie watched/book read?
The last movie I watched was Promising Young Woman.
The last book I read was Light in August by William Faulkner.
5. If you weren't a health provider what would you be?
A ninja or a cartoonist.
6. What's the best part of your job?
Helping people connect with themselves and with others.
7. One thing people may not guess about you?
The first music album I bought with my own money was Raising Hell by RUN-DMC.
8. What have you found to be the best part of working in community health in West Philly?
What I enjoy most about working at Sayre is when people give me and team at Sayre a chance to earn their trust, when they educate us about their experiences and their community, when they let us into their stories, and when they let us work with them to find ways to make it a little bit easier to get through their days.
9. What's your favorite song and why?
It depends of my mood. This question is too hard to answer.
10. What did you eat last night?
11. Who is the best provider at Sayre?
12. Who would you have dinner with living or dead?
My father. He died when I was three weeks old.
13. What is your favorite quote?
Malcom X, responding to journalist Claude Lewis’ question: How would you like to be remembered?
"Sincere. In whatever I did or do, even if I make mistakes, they were made in sincerity. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong in sincerity. I think that's the best a person can be -- he can be wrong, but if he's sincere you can put up with him. But you can't put up with a person who's right, if he's insincere. I'd rather deal with a person's sincerity, and respect a person for their sincerity than anything else."
14. Who is your role model?
15. How would people in high school have described you?
I’m not sure.
16. What is your favorite comfort food?
It depends on my mood.